Timeshare Rentals, Resales and Exchanges
Travelers come to TimeshareWeb.com to rent or buy timeshare units directly from owners, often at tremendous savings compared with hotels or dealing with the resort itself. No middleman, and no tours. Ever.
Timeshare owners post their units for rent or sale to an audience of over 1.5 million registered users. No commission, no middlemen.
- Timeshare Web – The New Orlando (4/8/2015)
Featured Timeshare Destination: The New Orlando
When most travelers think of Orlando, they usually think of Disney World, Universal Studios, and Seaworld… but Orlando has so much more to offer!
While visiting the parks can be great, there are so many activities, attractions, and restaurants to be seen outside the park area. Many of these attractions are located just short distance from main timeshare areas and are accessible by cabs or buses.
While still a tourist area, in recent years International Drive (I-Drive) has undergone a total transformation. What was once an outdated strip of chain restaurants and mini golf now offers a great variety of innovative restaurants and attractions.
Both vacationers and locals are excited for the opening of The Orlando Eye, the second largest observation wheel in the world. On The Orlando Eye, visitors can travel over 400 feet into the air to experience breathtaking views of the city and surrounding areas. In addition to The Orlando Eye, International Drive will soon offer Madame Tussauds’ Wax Museum, the Orlando Sea Life Aquarium, and the Skeletons: Animals Unveiled museum.
Also in the works is The Skyscraper™ at SKYPLEX™. This new megaplex will feature Central Florida’s only vertical roller coaster, an upscale arcade, rides, bars, simulators, restaurants, and retail shops.
Winter Park, Florida
Travelers looking for upscale restaurants (without a touristy feel) will feel right at home in Winter Park, Florida. Some of Central Florida’s most renowned restaurants can be found in this area, specifically on Park Avenue. In addition to the amazing dining experiences, Winter Park also offers a local farmers’ market on Saturdays with speciality drink and food trucks.
Depending on the time of year, you may also want to visit Winter Park for one of their annual festivals. The area offers a lot of programing for both locals and visitors.
If you’re looking for nighttime entertainment, Downtown Orlando has a great selection of bars, lounges, and nightclubs. From country bars to old-fashioned speakeasies, Downtown Orlando has something for every type of partier. Downtown is also home to the Amyway Center Arena and the Doctor Phillips Performing Arts Center. These state-of-the-art facilities host basketball games, the ballet, concerts, and more. If you plan ahead, you could see your favorite NBA team or performing artist.
For more information on fun things to do and see in Orlando, check out VisitOrlando.com.
- How to Price a Timeshare Resale (4/8/2015)
How to Price a Timeshare Resale
When selling your timeshare, listing it at a competitive price could make all the difference. If you request an outrageous asking price, you may not get any offers. However, if you request too little… you could miss out on extra revenue. So, how do you find the sweet spot?
Learning how to price your timeshare effectively may help you achieve a successful sale (and a faster one if that is your goal). While your ownership may come with excellent features, there are most likely comparable properties already on the resale market. Offering a lower sale price may tempt a buyer to choose your property over others that are similar to yours.
Is my timeshare worth more now?
When you first purchased your timeshare, did the salesperson mention that it was an investment? Chances are they either described it as an “investment” that you could resell down the road or something to pass down to your children. Sadly, the truth is that the true value in a timeshare is in using it. Once you’re no longer using it, it’s time to sell or rent it out.
This also means that it is unlikely that you will make a profit by reselling your timeshare. Unlike traditional real estate, timeshares do not increase in value. It’s actually the opposite. Overtime, timeshares depreciate in value, similar to a car. For a seller, this can come as shock. However, the sooner you realize the true value of your ownership, the more marketable it will become.
Can I get back what I paid for it?
First of all, if you purchased your ownership from the resort, you probably overpaid. Typically, timeshare developers mark up their prices by up to 50%, sometimes even more! They’ll use this extra money to cover the salesperson commission, contests, and “free” presentations. Don’t let this discourage you, but if you bought from the developer you likely cannot resell your timeshare for the original purchase price.
Once you purchase a timeshare from the developer, the value immediately drops. Whether you’ve paid $10k, $20k, or $100k – it’s rare that you can sell it for that price. People will often find that the same timeshare that they have just purchased can be found on the resale market for up to 70% off. While this can be a hard pill to swallow, it is the reality.
This does not mean that you cannot sell your timeshare. Thousands of timeshares are bought and sold on the secondary market every day. This just means that you need to be realistic about your asking price.
The Bottom Line
At the end of the day, pricing your timeshare resale depends on your personal needs. What do you feel comfortable walking away with? If you owe a mortgage, you may want to include this amount in the asking price. However, if your timeshare is paid off, you may only want to request a minimal amount. It’s completely up to you. If you’d like to make a bit more from your resale, you can also try renting your timeshare while you wait for a buyer. Learn more about selling your timeshare.
- After You Buy a Timeshare (4/8/2015)
What Happens After You Buy a Timeshare
If you are a first-time buyer, you may have questions about the closing process and what happens after you buy a timeshare. Our knowledgeable timeshare specialists will help you to understand this process, but here is a brief overview.
Selecting Your Resort
Of course, the first thing you’ll need to do is find your timeshare! You can browse thousands of timeshares for sale on TimeshareWeb.com using our easy to use database.
Once you find your desired resort, you’ll need to place an offer. All offers are sent directly to the seller or to the licensed real estate agent handling the listing. After the seller receives your offer, they can either accept it or make a counteroffer. When you have agreed upon a price, TimeshareWeb.com will help both parties to find a closing company to handle the paperwork.
The Timeshare Closing and Transfer Process
After you have have found a timeshare on TimeshareWeb.com, a third party closing company will transfer the timeshare into your name. Depending on the resort’s response rate, this process typically takes 90-120 days.
The Closing Process:
- All funds are placed in an escrow account while the closing company prepares to transfer the ownership.
- The closing company will verify that the timeshare is free and clear of financial liens.
- Next, the closing company will perform an “Estoppel.” This will confirm the ownership details of the property including points/week, unit size, etc.
- At this time, the closing company will contact you to sign the documents to transfer the ownership into your name.
- Finally, the resort/developer will be notified that you are the new owner of the timeshare. Congratulations!
Once the transfer is complete, you can begin planning for your first vacation!
Call us at 855-849-2028 to speak with a specialized timeshare agent about purchasing a timeshare..
- Why rent a timeshare? (2/17/2014)Timeshare rentals provide more space and more amenities, for a more affordable price. Rather than staying in a cramped studio hotel room, with a timeshare you’ll receive more-spacious accommodations, like a two-bedroom suite. These units are usually equipped with a separate living room, dining area, and full kitchen making your accommodations even more luxurious. Plus, you’ll often pay much less than through a hotel. With a timeshare rental week, you can test drive a resort before you buy timeshare. Once you rent a timeshare, you’ll never look at hotels the same way again. Find timeshares for rent today and plan your perfect vacation!
- The Benefits of “For Sale by Owner” (2/13/2014)Looking to buy or sell timeshare? Advertising timeshare for sale by owner is the most popular timeshare sales method, and it’s no surprise why. This process can benefit both buyers and sellers. For the seller, advertising on a site like Timeshareweb.com is both easy and affordable. There are no hidden fees or outrageous sales commissions. For buyers, you’ll be able to search through thousands of listings from the comfort of your home computer. Plus, when you decide to buy timeshare, you’ll work directly with the owner. That means you won’t have to attend a 3 hour meeting, or work with a pushy salesperson. To learn more about buying and advertising “for sale by owner”, call us today at 855-849-2028.
- 3 Tips for Avoiding Timeshare Scams (2/10/2014)Sometimes timeshare owners—and buyers—are hesitant to move forward with a timeshare resale company out of fear of a timeshare scam. We’re here to show you that you can trust TimeshareWeb.com. In fact we’ll even show you how to avoid timeshare scams, should you decide to work with another company. See below to learn 3 tips for avoiding timeshare fraud.
- Do not make an untraceable payment — Often an easy way to spot a timeshare resale scam is when the company requests and untraceable form of payment. This may include: money packs, money orders, and wire transfers. We recommend staying away from any company that requests these types of payments.
- Sign the Contract Before you Pay — A trustworthy company, like TimeshareWeb.com will always have you sign a contract before you submit a payment for a timeshare sale. If a company asks for you to pay for the timeshare before you sign, walk away.
- Read the Fine Print — To understand exactly what a company promises to provide you, always read the contract and the fine print. If you have any questions about the contract, a legitimate company will help you to understand its terms before you sign.
- Timeshare Exchange 101 (2/3/2014)If you are a timeshare owner and are looking for a different travel experience, you have the option to use a timeshare exchange program. Exchanging your week will allow you to travel to a different resort, location, or during a different time of year. This is especially beneficial to fixed-week timeshare owners, or those who can only book at a single resort. With thousands of weeks available for exchange you have to ability to travel almost anywhere. TimeshareWeb.com can help you to exchange your timeshare week. For more information and to learn how to exchange your timeshare week, call us at 855-849-2028.
- Timeshare vs. Vacation Ownership — What’s the difference? (1/27/2014)For those learning about the timeshare industry, the technical jargon can be a bit confusing. Fortunately, we’re here to help. Today’s topic is Timeshare vs. Vacation Ownership. The truth is, these terms can actually be used interchangeably. Timeshare—or timesharing—involves purchasing a “share” of a resort or multi-destination travel club. Vacation ownership includes this, as well as private residence clubs and fractional ownership. Therefore, when you see the term vacation ownership on TimeshareWeb.com, you can regard it the same as timeshare. For additional questions about timeshare terms, contact a timeshare advisor today.
- Featured Timeshare Destination: Aruba (1/20/2014)If you’re looking for a tropical getaway, look no further than an Aruba timeshare. In the past three years, Aruba has become one of the top timeshare destinations for both owners and renters. With some of the world’s best beaches, it’s no wonder that millions travel to Aruba timeshares every year. However miles of white-sand beaches are just a small part of what the island has to offer. Most timeshare resorts in Aruba cater to luxury travelers and provide the best in accommodations and amenities. Looking to travel on a budget? Traveling during off-peak weeks will allow you to affordably visit Aruba. In the months of September and October—when the resorts are less crowded— you can typically find better deals. Usually, both Aruba timeshare resales and rentals are discounted during this time.